After a long day of fun, Daddy and Katelyn are settling down before bedtime with her new book!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Katelyn's 2nd Birthday Party!
Katelyn turned 2 years old on May 16th, which was last Saturday. We had her party the same day of her birthday and the flood of the century (or it just seemed like that to me)! I have not seen so much rain in my life! It looked like we had a river in the street. However, so many of our friends showed up, wet and all! Many of my friends know that I had a very hard time making plans for Katelyn's party. I am not sure why, but I did not want to do a character type thing and anyone that knows Katelyn, knows her obsession for Elmo. After many hours of contemplating, and Katelyn's help with all of our spring planting, we decided to have a planting party. Unintentionally, the party planning just kept getting put off and before I knew it, the week of the party was here. So, after some scrambling around, the party was pulled off for Saturday. Even though the rain seemed to be stationary through the party, the party turned out great! Katelyn had a great time with all of her friends planting and playing. The kids ate pizza and the adults had BBQ. My mom and I (well mostly my mom) made the cupcakes with flowers on top and dirt pie for the kids. We had two candles on a cupcake for Katelyn and she blew out both of her candles all by herself. She was so proud and just started clapping and yelling! It was too cute! We are so thankful for all of her friends and family that made this day so special for her. We just can't believe that our baby is already two. She is growing up too fast!
After a long day of fun, Daddy and Katelyn are settling down before bedtime with her new book!
After a long day of fun, Daddy and Katelyn are settling down before bedtime with her new book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Seeing these pictures just makes me sick that Evynne was sick and missed out!!! You sure pulled it off in a short amount of time. Everything looks great and the planting accessories/party favors are precious! We still have Katelyn's gift that I need to get to you soon! Happy birthday Katelyn!
It looks like yall had a lot of fun. Sorry we couldn't be there!
how sweet. looks like you guys had some fun!
Post a Comment