Friday, May 23, 2008

One Year Check-Up

Well, I will get to the first birthday pictures as soon as they are ready. We had Katelyn's 1st birthday party last Saturday and it was a blast! I will create another post for it as soon as I get the pictures from Aunt Lisa (thanks for taking the pics!). So, on to Katelyn's one year check-up. We went to see the doctor on Wednesday. Mimi went with us since Daddy was in Jacksonville, FL this week for work. I just can't take the shots by myself! Katelyn seemed to be more aware of what was going on this time so it was a little hard for me. She cried a lot but did wonderful for having to get a finger pricked and 3 shots! Poor baby! It just kills me! Katelyn seems to be growing like a weed! She was 18 lbs, 11 ounces and 29 1/4 inches long. She is in the 50th percentile for her height. The doctor thinks that she is going to be long and lean (just like Aunt Lisa!) since her length is growing so rapidly. For anyone that has been around Katelyn for one meal knows that it is unbelievable that this child is only 18 lbs! She eats like a horse! Katelyn can put away some food! I guess that she is just really active right now, which I sure know is true. She is into everything right now and her favorite trick is to throw things on the ground. Anything that is in a certain place drives her crazy. Nothing around her can be organized. She throws everything on the ground, and when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING! She thinks that throwing her passy on the ground is funny! She is such a ham though. She loves to have her picture taken and she makes such a cute smile everytime I get the camera out. This week she also started giving me kisses. I just eat it up! She is walking from furniture to furniture and I am sure that it won't be long before she takes off. I am VERY thankful for the snack traps. She loves to eat her cheerios or goldfish in her snack trap and it entertains her for hours! Everyone was laughing the other day because you can always tell where Katelyn has been because there is a trail of cheerios. I can't even begin to tell you how rewarding the past year has been for us. I can't even begin to tell you how long we prayed for this precious child! What a blessing! We can't imagine life without her. And all of my mommy friends can say with me, what on earth did we do before they came along!!! We can't wait to see what the future holds and just as one of my friends said in her post, we are in NO hurry for our little angel to grow up! I promise, birthday pictures to come!

2 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

You have such a precious little gift from God. She was so funny that day with the throwing and Aiden would pick it up for her. it was really sweet watching the two of them! Glad she hung in there at her doc's appt!

Merry said...

Hi Ashley,
I'm eager to see the one year birthday pictures. She is just adorable (and very blessed to have such a sweet Mom).